Mother feeds rat poison to his son | Photo Credit: Thinkstock
Mumbai: A failed suicide attempt and a murder most foul have shocked Mumbai. A 34-year-old woman named Rina Ayare first fed rat poison to her 5-year-old son on Monday and soon attempted suicide on her own. As (bad) luck would have it, the boy succumbed on Tuesday and the woman survived.
While Rina Ayare is out of danger, her son Harsh died while receiving treatment at Cooper Hospital in Juhu on Tuesday. Rina Ahire fed rat poison to her son after facing a financial distress over a dispute with her husband.
This ad will end in 60
Skip ad in 5
According to a Times of India report, the mother consumed the rat poison first and then she gave it to her son. later she realized her mistake and rushed to the Cooper hospital, but her son died while receiving treatment.
Bar girls, customers arrested from Bhayandar's Orchestra Bar; 6 girls were locked in a ‘secret room’
The assistant Medical officer of the hospital said that the rat poison damaged Harsh's liver. Rina's condition is also critical, she will soon be shifted to MICU.
Rina Ayare lives in Shivaji Nagar on Juhu Tara road with her husband Rajesh (40) who works with a cell phone service provider. She had asked for money for household expenses on Monday night. which allegedly her husband refused and a quarrel followed. Rina left the house around 10.35pm with her elder son Harsh.
VIDEO: Woman snatches mangalsutra and jumps on track at Mumbai’s Vikhroli station
According to the police, Rina took Harsh to Juhu beach, then went to a shop and bought poison around 11 pm. Rita consumed the rat poison first and then gave some to Harsh. After that, Harsh started vomiting continuously and the mother realised her mistake. The panicked mother then rushed him to Cooper Hospital at around midnight but the child passed away during treatment. Police have filed a case of attempted suicide and murder against the woman.